This WillowSoft Technical Support Policy (“Support Policy”) describes the policies and procedures under which WillowSoft, Pty Ltd., or its applicable affiliate (“WillowSoft”), provides Technical Support services (“Technical Support”) for its proprietary hosted online service WillowSoft (“WillowSoft”) to its customers (each, a “Customer”).
Technical Support is provided for WillowSoft pursuant to the separate license agreement under which Customer has purchased a subscription to WillowSoft (“License Agreement”) and is subject to the terms and conditions of that License Agreement and the terms of this Support Policy. Technical Support is provided for the term specified in the Ordering Document. All undefined capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as set forth in the License Agreement.
Technical Support is provided through WillowSoft’s online web-based supported channels (“Supported Channels”) as indicated on Annex A to this Support Policy.
This Support Policy sets forth expectations for Technical Support between the Customer and WillowSoft’s Technical Support organization, including:
A. who is authorized to submit issues
B. how to submit issues
C. what types of issues are supported
D. how and when WillowSoft responds to and closes reported issues
A. Incident: Each individual issue with WillowSoft reported to WillowSoft by a Named Customer Contact through a Supported Channel.
B. Named Customer Contact: Qualified individuals knowledgeable in the internal build systems, tools, policies, and practices in use by the Customer. Customers are expected to make every effort to ensure that the individuals designated as Named Customer Contacts are qualified to support the Customer teams internally. Named Customer Contacts are limited to the number specified in Annex A of this Support Policy.
III. Scope of Technical Support
A. What Technical Support Includes: Technical Support is intended to provide assistance to individuals for issues and questions beyond what is covered in the Documentation. If Customer is current on payment for their subscription to WillowSoft, WillowSoft shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Customer with Technical Support services consisting of the following: (a) web-based submissions of Incidents submitted by Named Customer Contacts; (b) troubleshooting regarding usage and connection issues related to WillowSoft; (c) a forum where Customer, partners, and other users of WillowSoft can share information and ideas about using WillowSoft; (d) access to the Supported Channels, and (e) troubleshooting related to the following Customer activities with respect to WillowSoft:
B. What Technical Support Excludes: WillowSoft has no Technical Support obligations with respect to the issues relating from: (a) Customer’s equipment, network connections or other infrastructure; (b) use of WillowSoft by Customer in violation of the License Agreement; (c) alterations, add-ons, customizations, or modifications to WillowSoft by any party other than WillowSoft; (d) defects, failures, or downtime due to any factors beyond WillowSoft’s reasonable control or due to any force majeure event as described in the License Agreement; (f) Evaluation Versions of WillowSoft or other software provided at no charge; (g) training, customization, integration, and any issues arising from unauthorized use of WillowSoft; and (h) any on-site services or remote access services.
C. WillowSoft’s Efforts. While WillowSoft will make commercially reasonable efforts to correct defects or other errors in WillowSoft and respond to Incidents as described in this Support Policy, Customer acknowledges that it may not be possible for WillowSoft to correct every or any defect, error, or problem reported by Customer or of which WillowSoft is otherwise made aware.
IV. Policy Details. Important details of this Support Policy are set forth on Annex A including the business hours during which WillowSoft provides Technical Support (“Business Hours”), limits on the number of Named Customer Contacts, target response times for Incidents, and other details.
V. Named Customer Contacts
A. Customer may designate up to the number of Named Customer Contacts specified in Annex A of this Support Policy and may make changes to its Named Customer Contacts as described in the Customer Portal (willowsoft.slack.com). Named Customer Contacts may be reassigned periodically over time, but may not be reassigned so frequently as to enable the sharing of access to more than the number of Named Customer Contacts allowed in Annex A or as otherwise agreed between the parties.
B. Named Customer Contacts may report Incidents on behalf of other Authorized Users of WillowSoft within Customer’s organization, provided that the Named Customer Contact continuously acts as the intermediary between WillowSoft and such Authorized Users, collaborating with WillowSoft to resolve the reported Incident and maintaining communication with all involved parties.
VI. Incident Submission
A. How to Submit Incidents. Unless otherwise specified in a supplemental support plan purchased by Customer, Incidents are to be submitted to WillowSoft by a Named Customer Contact through the Supported Channels as indicated on Annex A to this Support Policy.
B. How to Report an Incident. In order to expedite the resolution of Incidents, WillowSoft expects that Customer will make every attempt possible to:
C. Customer Cooperation. Customer will provide information and access to Customer resources as reasonably required for WillowSoft to provide Technical Support. WillowSoft will be excused from any non-performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent any such non-performance is attributable to Customer’s failure to cooperate as set forth herein.
VII. Incident Response & Closure
A. WillowSoft Incident Response. For each Incident reported by Customer in accordance with these procedures, WillowSoft shall:
1. Confirm receipt of the reported Incident with an automated electronic acknowledgement.
2. Set a Priority Level for the Incident in accordance with the terms below.
3. Upon request of Customer, discuss Priority Level and ongoing communication time frame. WillowSoft may modify the Incident settings.
4. Use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to the Incident within the time specified in Annex A to this Support Policy.
5. Analyze the Incident and, as applicable, verify the existence of the problem(s) resulting in the Incident, which may include requesting that Customer provide additional information, logs, and re-execution of commands to help identify the root cause and dependencies of the reported issue.
6. Give Customer direction and assistance in resolving the Incident.
7. Keep a record of ongoing communications with Customer.
B. Priority Levels. WillowSoft Technical Support personnel will assign a priority level (“Priority Level”) to each Incident based on the criteria below:
C. Closure of Incidents. After assigning a Priority Level, WillowSoft will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide initial responses and updates based on the targets in Annex A. Incidents shall be closed in the following manner:
1. For solvable issues: Depending on the nature of the issue, the resolution may take the form of an explanation, recommendation, usage instructions, workaround instructions, or advising Customer of an available software fix.
2. In the event that custom or unsupported plug-ins or modules are used: WillowSoft may ask, in the course of attempting to resolve the issue, that the Customer remove any unsupported plug-ins or modules. If the problem disappears upon removal of an unsupported plug-in or module, then WillowSoft may consider the issue to be resolved. Supported plug-ins or modules are defined as those listed and defined as supported in in the Documentation.
3. For issues outside of scope of Technical Support services: WillowSoft may also close issues by identifying the Incident as outside the scope of Technical Support (pursuant to Section III above) or arising from a usage case which is excluded from this Support Policy.
4. Dormant Cases: WillowSoft will consider an open case dormant (and may close the case) if the Named Customer Contact has not responded to two (2) attempts or more made by WillowSoft to collect additional information required to solve the case. Customer may request Incidents be re-opened for up to 30 days after case closure. At WillowSoft’s sole discretion, Incidents will be re-opened for further investigation if the Incident is deemed to be solvable.
VIII. Security. WillowSoft will maintain industry-standard physical and data security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to the WillowSoft servers that make available WillowSoft. WillowSoft’s standard practice is to routinely backup (not less frequently than once every 12hrs) all Customer Data. All storage, backup and archival media containing Customer Data shall: (a) be physically stored in a secured area; (b) be logically separated from any other customers’ data; and (c) be protected by industry-standard encryption methods.
Annex A to WillowSoft Technical Support Policy
WillowSoft Technical Support Policy Effective Date: July 2019